Title: Sales Engineering Intern
Reports to: General Manager
Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
For a printable version, click here.
- Learn electronics manufacturing methods by direct experience in production environments.
- Learn the role of a Sales Engineer and the requirements for success.
- Learn SFE’s “ideal customer” definition and desired selling approach.
- Develop the ability to gather prospective customer data.
- Learn how to make “cold” calls or e-mails to prospective customers.
- Support the Business Development team with lead information and contacts.
- Develop market maps of potential customers by industry or region.
- Prepare data for ease of use by the Business Development team.
- 3 years of college completed (Engineering Major)
- High degree of verbal, written, and non-verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20)
- B.S. in Engineering
- Ability to conduct independent research through internet resources
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint & Excel experience
- Ability to organize and segment data into relevant information for team review
- Take initiative to draw on, and utilize, internal and external resources to accomplish desired results
Silicon Forest Electronics also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, $1,500 tuition reimbursement annually, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, Employee Share Ownership Plan, life insurance, and holiday pay.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer